Highlight a Location: Things to Do In Thibodaux
MHM Urgent Care in Thibodaux is your source for high-quality healthcare. Beyond our attention to detail treating ailments like sports injuries or providing flu vaccinations, our Thibodaux team offers day and night walk-in care for a range of medical issues. Whether you’re a resident or just visiting our facility, you can take advantage of several things to do in Thibodaux. Below, you’ll find our list of the top things to do in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
Fremin’s Restaurant serves decadent food within a historic building dating from the 1870s. (Photo courtesy Fremin’s Restaurant on Facebook)
- Attend a Nicholls State University basketball game. The Nicholls State men’s and women’s basketball seasons are underway – attend a game to see the Colonels in action as they play against other teams in the Southland Conference.
- Check out the Bayou Country Children’s Museum. This children’s museum offers a range of activities for kids ages 2-12. Combining play with learning, the museum allows children to experience Cajun culture. Activities include playing on a full-size sugar cane harvester, experiencing a severe weather simulation, climbing aboard a shrimp boat, spotting waterfowl, and more. The museum also holds story readings twice weekly and mom-and-me play sessions.
- Catch a play at Thibodaux Playhouse. For more than 55 years, this playhouse has been putting on productions like “The Man who Came to Dinner,” “Harvey,” and “Peter Pan, Jr.”
- Find fresh produce at the Thibodaux Main Street Farmer’s Market. Every Saturday morning in spring, you can choose from a selection of food and goods from local vendors. The market runs from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and typically starts in April.
- Try the smoked chicken mac ‘n’ cheese at Fremin’s Restaurant. Housed in an original, three-story from building from 1878, this restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere and delicious food to match. Open for lunch and dinner, Fremin’s offers a selection of decadent meals that touch on Cajun and Creole roots.
- Indulge in Rob’s Donuts. This local favorite is your source for homemade donuts in traditional flavors. Dense, chewy, and sweet, every donut is a delight. Pair it with a cup of coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up.