Patient Information Center
Learn about online registration, what to bring, accepted insurance, and FAQs.
To expedite your visit, you can now register online at the following locations. Please note that you will have to fill out additional paperwork upon check-in. If you would like to download and fill out all front desk forms prior to your visit, see below in "What to Bring." Make sure you choose the facility you are going to visit.
What to Bring
- Photo Identification Card
- Insurance Card
- List of current medications
- All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Kenner Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
- Metairie Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
- Thibodaux Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
- Uptown Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
- Lakeview Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
- Luling Patient Forms (print these forms & bring with you to decrease your waiting time)
MHM will file an insurance claim for your urgent care visit with all contracted plans. Insurance co-payments and deductibles are collected at the time of service and are payable via cash, personal checks, and most major credit cards. You may contact the urgent care center you plan to visit in order to verify insurance coverage and confirm accepted methods of payment.
|American Lifecare||Medicaid (Kenner & Plaquemines only)|
|Beech Street (Best Care)||National Choice Care|
|Best Comp / Verity||NPPN / Plan Vista|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield||Office of State Group|
|Cigna / Great West||People's Health / Tenet|
|CCN||PHCS / Multiplan|
|Coventry||PPO USA / GEHA|
|Department of Labor / OWC||PPOPlus|
|FARA||Sterling Health Plans|
|Health Payors Organization||USA MCO|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment?
An appointment is not necessary. Patients are seen on a "walk-in" basis.
Are you on my insurance?
Our centers contract with most Louisiana PPO Plans and Commercial Insurance Plans - but not all. Patients are invited to call to verify their insurance.
Do I need insurance?
No. Private pay patients are welcome at our clinic and will appreciate the cost savings we offer compared to an emergency room visit. Keep in mind payment is required upon receipt of services.
Will the wait be long like at the ER?
Typically, our wait time is less than 30 minutes, significantly shorter than most hospital emergency departments. Most of patients walk out of our front door less than one hour from when they walked in.
Can Urgent Care handle my health concern?
We are able to successfully diagnose and treat more than 95% of patients who visit our centers. Those patients with more extensive injury or illness are referred to a specialist or emergency department.